Due to ricochets and splatter, shooting steel can be dangerous! Use the suggestions below to reduce the risk of ricochets and splatter.
- Shooters as well as spectators must wear proper eye and ear protection. Long pants and shirts will help with protection from bullet splatter and ricochet fragments.
- Shoot from a safe distance at targets that are angled downward towards the ground.
- To help reduce the chance of ricochet, use soft point ammo. Do not use armor piercing, steel-core, or other hardened ammunition. Do not use targets that have been damaged, cratered or deformed in any way, as they increase the chance of ricochet. Using the correct hardness steel target for the caliber you are shooting is important.
- Minimum recommended shooting distance with a handgun is 15 yards. It is always better to shoot from farther away and move in closer while checking targets for impact damage.
- Minimum recommended shooting distance with a rifle is 150 yards. It is always better to shoot from farther away and move in closer while checking targets for impact damage, such as cratering.
All risk of injury is assumed by and shall pass to the purchaser of these products. Use these targets at your own risk!
GongShot.com neither implies nor accepts any liability for the use or misuse of these products. No warranty of these products is given other than they will perform as designed to their intended use.
-As always, follow these gun safety rules-
1. All guns are always loaded!
2. Never let the muzzle sweep anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Always be sure of your target and what is behind it.